Culture & Heritage, 2021
I am a student in my final year at the University of Canberra completing a Bachelor of Arts (Culture and Heritage). As a student majoring in Culture and Heritage, I aspire to have a career within the GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) Sector. I am passionate about the history of art, design and architecture and I have a particular interest in the conservation of culturally significant buildings, especially of European design. I hope to be able to undertake work involved with this during my career.
I am determined, reliable, communicate well and work well in a team. My part-time employment has strengthened my skills in customer service, communication, problem solving and teamwork. My recent internship has allowed me to gain experience completing collection management tasks in a professional setting.
During my time at UC I have gained skills and experience in many aspects of Cultural Heritage, working both individually and as part of a team. This includes:
– Writing a heritage significance report on a local heritage site
– Creating an exhibition brief
– Analysing the influence of affect on heritage, focusing on a local house museum
– Assessing the condition of objects in a collection
– Cataloguing a variety of items in differing collections
– Writing a research report on an extensive cultural collection
I look forward to commencing work at a cultural institution after completing my degree.
I'm looking for a job.