I am a 21 year-old Journalism student, in the past I have studied for a Diploma in Communication at the University of Canberra College (UCC), a Certificate III in Screen and Media at the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) during 2020 and I graduated from Saint Mary MacKillop College in 2019.
My favourite things are videogames, music, collecting Hot Wheels cars and Formula One and my favourite driver in F1 is Lando Norris who I have been a fan of since his rookie season in 2019.
I’m always interested in trying out new things and looking for stories that not only affect myself, but also affect the local community. But I also tend to write stories about things I like to try and share that passion with anybody who wants to read them.
I have a keen interest in writing stories that are important to me about the things that I like as well as things that affect myself and the wider community and use that to help relate my stories to audiences, I try my hardest to write these stories and make sure that they cater to any audiences that are engaging and are about the issues that affect the community or pieces about things that interest me.
Writing a story for Region Media/The RiotACT
- Tasked with writing for professional publication.
- Presenting idea and angle and writing and filming multimedia.
- Meeting with Editors and discussing ideas and angles.
Writing/editing for The Owl
- Had to pitch and write multiple stories over a short period of time.
- Went out to find angles and stories that I felt were worth reporting and writing about.
- Communicating with Editors to pitch ideas and get stories published.
- Communicating with Journalists to pitch their ideas and help them get their stories published.
- Editing and fixing up minor details on stories for the Journalists I was working with and communicating to them about any major issues that should be addressed.
- Communication and work ethic
- Co-operation with others and working in a group
- Finding new angles if similar stories have previously been written
- Interaction with people and finding leads
- Improving on deadlines and time management